It is a New Day, New Year, New Hope, New beginning indeed as the government announces a dry run of COVID vaccination in all the states and UTs. The trial of the first vaccine of coronavirus is in full swing, and the credit goes to top drug manufacturers Bharat Biotech for Covaxin and Oxford’s Covishield. The Drugs Controller General Of India (DCGI) has given a green signal, and the vaccine is ready to be supplied in almost all states with a few terms and conditions. The central government has designed an application named COVID vaccine Intelligence Network (CoWIN) to monitor the massive inoculation and meet the real-time need.
Here is everything you need to know about the biggest vaccination drive ever :
- Download CoWIN app for free from your play store/ app store, which will help record the vaccine date.
- The government has planned to SMS the eligible group to get vaccinated.
- The health minister has announced the vaccine in its first stage of the priority group to be free.
So who are the ones to be vaccinated first??
- Healthcare and Frontline Workers: NEGVAC announced all the private and government COVID warriors are the ones who are in the priority group to be vaccinated first.
- Above 50 years: People above 50 years with comorbidities are to be given vaccines first.Age will be calculated based on the cut-off date of 1st January 2021, and anyone born on or before 1st January 1971 will fall under this category.
- Then comes areas or states with the highest infection rate.
- The remaining population, less than 50 years of age with comorbidities like hypertension, cancer, asthma, diabetes, etc.
Protocols For Registration
- Register yourself in the CoWIN app. The CoWIN app has five modules: the administrator module, Registration Module, Vaccination Module, Beneficiary Acknowledgement Module, and Report Module.
- Non-frontline or non-healthcare workers will register for getting the vaccine via the ‘Registration Module.’
- Registration can be done by using an aadhaar card, DL, PAN card, MNREGA card, passport, pension document, Voter ID.
- The self-registration module will be made available in the later phases of implementation.
- For identification and authentication, you can use Biometric, OTP verification, demographic authentication.
- Once registered after verification, you will receive date, time, and location to administer the vaccine. This will be under the ‘Vaccination Module’ on the app.
- Pre-registered people are for now allowed to receive the vaccination. On-spot registration is not permitted.
- The ‘ Acknowledgement Module’ will notify the beneficiaries via SMS and QR scans.
- The ‘Report Module’ will keep track of vaccine inoculation , the number of people vaccinated, and the response.
Do not panic, have patience, and follow the norms and protocols. The vaccination sessions will be conducted from 9 am to 5 pm under the supervision of the Vaccinator Officer(Doctors (MBBS / BDS/AYUSH), Staff Nurse, Pharmacist, ANM, LHV). Maintain a safe distance and wear your mask.